Site Engineering Technician
|Listed by Allied Bakeries|
|This top UK bakery business baking some of Britains famous brands namely: Kingsmill Allinson Burgen and Sunblest and crumpets hot cross buns muffins pancakes rolls wraps plus other mouthwatering bakery products is one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking. Allied Milling and Baking is part of Associated British Foods ABF plc a large international business boasting of a turnover to the tune of 12.3bn with nearly 106000 employees operating in 47 countries.|
|Job Title:||Site Engineering Technician|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £33759.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Engineering, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
Location : Wakefield
Speedibake is a division of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £13.4 billion and 130,000 employees in 47 countries.
With bakery sites in Wakefield and Bradford we specialise in own-label baked goods, we supply to a customer base across all channels; foodservice wholesalers, contract catering, end users, export and retail.
Speedibake has a fantastic opportunity for a Site Technician to join the team at our Wakefield bakery.
Reporting to Engineering Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment. You will be expected to carry out proactive and reactive maintenance and repairs to the plant and services associated with a major bakery
- Responsibilities also involve improving and maintaining a safe working environment, ensuring that team members are fully aware and comply with all Health & Safety standards, company and legal requirements e.g. COSH, HACCP
- Support the manufacturing process by responding effectively to equipment breakdowns, carrying out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
- Respond effectively to equipment breakdowns and ensure maximum focus is given to continuous improvement
- To fault find in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines relevant documentation.
- To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them.
- Ensuring that machinery is maintained, and repaired to a high standard.
- Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department.Skills / Experience:
- You will be a time served engineer preferably with food manufacturing experience and cross or multi skilled trained.
- Enthusiastic, motivated individual who believes that they can make a difference and ensure our engineering strategy is delivered consistently.
- Food manufacturing experience (desirable)
- Thorough understanding of equipment legislation (essential)Cultural Fit:
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company values
- Takes ownership, sets standards & takes personal responsibility for performance.
- To always adhere to the Company Safety First requirements