Category Manager (Fish) - JO-1611-1579
|Listed by 2 Sisters Food Group|
|2 Sisters make everything from pizza to pies from poultry to puddings from ready meals to ranges of soup. They have over 23k employees throughout the UK.Founded in the early 1990s they are the leading food manufacturing company in the uk having a strong presence in poultry and frozen food categories. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi Tesco and Waitrose.|
|Job Title:||Category Manager (Fish)|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Sales and Marketing, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge and the desire to lead the food industry.
We should know. In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups. And we’re built on people like you: a talented and resilient Category Manager / Buyer who has the expertise and influence to make an impact within the Group Procurement team, based predominantly onsite.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a procurement professional, based between 5 Star Fish, a site that is currently going through a period of significant change (the level of change that creates a series of challenges and fantastic opportunities to be involved) and our Shared Service Centre in Wakefield, with travel to suppliers and other sites.
Reporting into the Head of Group Procurement for Food, Fish and Commodities, you will assist in the development and delivery of the strategic procurement of goods. This is a real meaty role that offers variety and exposure to both food service and also premium retailers such as M&S. This opportunity would suit a driven and independent individual with solid Fish and Aquaculture procurement experience , who is looking to gain exposure within a fast paced, multi billion pound turnover food manufacturer. You will:
- Be the catgegory expert and first point of contact for responsible spend areas.
- Work closely with senior business stakeholders, including the relevant Group companies as appropriate, in order to fully understand the business needs.
- Conduct strategic category review for all areas with a view to achieving savings (surcharge) targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives (eg value chain, CSR, innovation etc).
- Develop and implement clear commodity management strategies where appropriate to identify and mitigate risk.
- Negotiate terms of trade with suppliers. Manage ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level.
- Supporting and coaching more junior members of the team as appropriate and deputising for the Head of Procurement where appropriate
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with the below, and you’ll have the scope to influence at all levels:
- Proven track record of success of ‘buying’ in a strategic sourcing environment that demonstrates thorough knowledge of modern strategic sourcing pr