Category Manager (CAPEX) - JO-1611-1577
Ref: JO-1611-1577 | Sales and Marketing, Food Manufacturing ||
|Listed by 2 Sisters Food Group|
|2 Sisters make everything from pizza to pies from poultry to puddings from ready meals to ranges of soup. They have over 23k employees throughout the UK.Founded in the early 1990s they are the leading food manufacturing company in the uk having a strong presence in poultry and frozen food categories. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi Tesco and Waitrose.|
|Job Title:||Category Manager (CAPEX)|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Sales and Marketing, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge and the desire to lead the food industry.
We should know. In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups. And we’re built on people like you: a talented Category Manager who has the expertise and influence to make an impact within the Group Procurement department.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a procurement professional to join our successful team in West Bromwich , with travel across the UK. Reporting into the Head of Indirect, you will assist in the development and delivery of the strategic procurement of goods. This opportunity would suit a driven and independent individual with solid Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) procurement experience, who is looking to gain exposure within a fast paced, multi billion pound turnover food manufacturer. Category spend over a variety of projects can range from £20m to £100m, such as machinery, equipment, building works, etc. Duties include:
- Be the catgegory expert and first point of contact for responsible spend areas.
- Work closely with senior business stakeholders, including the relevant Group companies as appropriate, in order to fully understand the business needs.
- Conduct strategic category review for all areas with a view to achieving savings (surcharge) targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives (eg value chain, CSR, innovation etc).
- Develop and implement clear commodity management strategies where appropriate to identify and mitigate risk.
- Negotiate terms of trade with suppliers. Manage ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level.
- Supporting and coaching more junior members of the team as appropriate and deputising for the Head of Procurement where appropriate
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with the below, and you’ll have the scope to influence at all levels:
- Proven track record of success of ‘buying’ in a strategic sourcing environment that demonstrates thorough knowledge of modern strategic sourcing processes and the use of appropriate tools and techniques.
- CAPEX procurement experience essential
- Proven negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management bac