|Listed by Greencore|
|PicklesSandwich fillingsSauces & toppings - savoury|
|Job Title:||Stores Person|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Sales and Marketing, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich produce, we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
Greencore Grocery Leeds is the UK's largest Own Brand supplier of frozen Toad in the Hole and Yorkshire Puddings. We supply major grocery retail multiples, food service, major frozen food manufacturers, wholesales, multiple caterers and high street chains and pub companies.
You will be responsible for co-ordinating the engineering stores facility at Leeds to optimise stock availability to meet operational needs and targets.
- Monitoring component use, identifying stock requirements and placing orders in a timely manner to meet the needs of the engineering maintenance plan and production activity.
- Managing stock control policy and practices, including good housekeeping, ensuring that the inventory is accurate at all times and that stock can be speedily retrieved at all times.
- Adopting policies for stock acquisition, storage and the disposal of obsolete parts which ensure full stock availability and effective rotation of spares.
- Optimising consignment stock and component levels to effectively manage cost controls.
- Adhering to all policies and practices as requested by the customer and or regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with agreed standards at all times.
- Providing information and data anomalies to inform root cause analysis and the identification of potential business improvements.
- Monitoring spending against budget to effectively manage the stock expenditure.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in FMCG or similar engineering role.
- Computer literate in Word and Excel.
- Detail familiarity with local SOPs.
- Detailed understanding of the impact of legislation of day to day operations in relation to food safety.
- Previous experience of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or equivalent.
- Experience of Stores best practice.
- Practical and hands on approach to delivering improvements from within the factory.
- Ability to work closely with all levels within the factory environment.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 certification or equivalent
- Health & Safety Level 2 or equivalent
Working Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (37.5 hours per week) with 1 hour for lunch. We are offering a competitive package which includes a contributory pension, share saver option (after 12 months service), 25 days holiday per year and free on-site parking.