Senior Process Technologist
|Listed by Allied Bakeries|
|This top UK bakery business baking some of Britains famous brands namely: Kingsmill Allinson Burgen and Sunblest and crumpets hot cross buns muffins pancakes rolls wraps plus other mouthwatering bakery products is one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking. Allied Milling and Baking is part of Associated British Foods ABF plc a large international business boasting of a turnover to the tune of 12.3bn with nearly 106000 employees operating in 47 countries.|
|Job Title:||Senior Process Technologist|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Production and Manufacturing, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
As Senior Process Technologist you will project manage Process NPD and EPD activities which will include product analysis, factory trials, product approval, factory launch and frequent engagement with customer base to ensure the delivery of products to demanding timescales.
You will support and advise the concept team during conceptual development phase, and post launch support to production to ensure smooth transfer of new products into the business.
- Take ownership of the following areas of the development stages:
- Concept Development Stage
- To advise the concept team with ingredient and packaging information for product briefs.
- To develop capability assessments of key pieces of equipment.
- To train the concept team in processing equipment capability.
- To co-ordinate and conduct initial product, process and ingredient risk assessments.
- To have input in the development of raw material and packaging specifications.
- To co-ordinate technical assessment.Implementation Stage
- Manage the critical path to ensure the project is delivered to agreed timescales.
- Ensure project files are kept up to date with relevant information.
- To plan and schedule factory trials. Complete post trial evaluation, including trial report writing and using statistical data to establish process and product parameters.
- To Co-ordinate and evaluate trial product samples with customers to gain plant product approval.
- To conduct training with all operators line set up, processing parameters and product quality parameters.
- To co-ordinate nutritional and shelf life testing in line with customer requirements.
- To assist in the progression of the artwork process.
- To communicate and co-ordinate projects with relevant internal departments and capital project engineer.
- To optimise production processes to achieve or exceed costing target.
- To complete internal recipes, process specifications & quality attribute sheets and co-ordinate their
integration into the QMS.Completion / Evaluation Stage
- Facilitate the first full production run.
- Provide support for factory on 2nd & 3rd production runs to ensure smooth product transition into factory and to iron out any issues.
- To co-ordinate post launch review and action improvements that could be made in the development process.