|Listed by Faccenda Foods Ltd|
|We are a leading UK food business delivering quality fresh and convenience food solutions to the UK retail and food service sectors every day.|
|Job Title:||Production Manager|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £45000.00 and £53.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Production and Manufacturing, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
Production Manager – Night shift 4 on 4 off
We have an exciting opportunity for an experience production manager to join our business to oversee all activity on shift within the Production, Hygiene, Engineering & Transport functions.
You will lead and develop a team of Section Managers to drive both individual and departmental performances.
Leadership, management and continuous improvement of all areas and the employees working in them, resulting in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. To meet all requirements in terms of legislation & company policy.
Main Responsibilities of a Production Manager
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture through employee engagement and communication.
- Managing the slaughter and packing operation ensuring OEE targets are met whilst maximising productivity to deliver lowest unit cost of processing. Ensuring line scheduling and labour allocation are optimised to fulfil customer requirements.
- Managing the Hygiene operation to deliver a clean and hygienic factory and Monitoring adherence to Company & Food Hygiene legislations.
- Supporting both Engineering & Transport functions. Ensuring all process equipment is operational and maintained across the site, focusing on adherence to weekend preventative maintenance schedules.
- Monitoring fleet availability and customer service levels at all times.
- Champion learning and development, coach and increase managers/team leader’s ability.
- Developing good internal relationships with functional heads of departments to drive down cost and increase achievement against KPI’s/SLA’s and customer requirements
- Lead the cross functional teams to ensure all employees working in the functions are motivated and have the skills, capabilities and resources to meet the evolving business needs.
You will be an experienced production manager from either a B2B or FMCG environment with a proven record of leading and motivating teams. Previous success in producing results in multifunctional teams and experience in continuous improvement within a production environment. You will be able to demonstrate a logical approach towards problem solving, identifying issues early with the ability and desire to identify opportunities for improvement and progress. It is essential that you have a strong knowledge around H&S requirements.
Desirable for a Production Manager
- NEBOSH qualified
- Ideally educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- ILM qualified
- Bird Welfare and Bio-security trained
- Level 4 Advanced Food Safety & HACCP
- Transport CPC qualified or awareness
- Knowledge and experience of Hygiene operations