QA Systems Manager
|Listed by Premier Foods|
|Many of their brands have been on the shelves of UK households for over a century scoring an 85 shelf stocking. Centura Foods constantly innovate to give their clients great tasting convenient food.Using high quality ingredients sourced from local buyers largely most of their foods are also created locally in the UK. 4000 loyal and dedicated colleagues across 13 locations team up with suppliers and customers to share the same obsession for quality foods which are available with wholesale.|
|Job Title:||QA Systems Manager|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Production and Manufacturing, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
Based in Ashford, Kent
Our Ashford site is where we make a lot of our Batchelors products as well as Angel Delight, Birds, Bisto, McDougalls and Paxo. The established Quality Assurance team, based in Ashford, are keen to hire an experienced Quality Assurance Systems Manager to complement and add support to their team.
Priority is to ensure compliance to food safety, quality and legal requirements of the Quality Management System, BRC including customer standards and be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and improving our standards and conducting internal audits and HACCP reviews.
Key duties and responsibilities…..
- Drive, effectively communicate and assist the Quality Manager to develop quality culture on Ashford and Andover sites.
- Facilitate external audits and manage the documentation for Ashford and customers Quality Management System and provide evidence of due diligence
- Provide support to the Customer Services Team, National Account Managers and Technical Account Managers for consumer complaints and non-conformances e.g. Private Label, Environmental Health and Trading Standards
- Work closely with the Care Line team to pro-actively manage customer complaints, engaging with the relevant on-site functions to facilitate thorough investigations, including root cause and preventative measures and issue appropriate site responses to agreed timelines.
- Calculate Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for complaints, right first time and process adherence. Identify trends on a monthly basis and produce concise reports for Operators, peers and Senior Management in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage document control systems and compliance for document control system
- Maintain and improve HACCP prerequisites ensuring that these are effectively trained and communicated. Ensure adherence and effective training and communication
- Manage the site HACCP review schedule and be involved with conducting HACCP reviews and internal BRC audits
- Maintain the hygiene standards in all areas of the factory by designing, developing and implementing cleaning schedules based on GMP/GHP and allergen management requirements
Experience and qualifications needed……
- Appropriate degree/qualification e.g. at least HNC in a science related discipline, preferably in Food Science/ Technology or Quality Assurance
- Certificate in Food Safety Level 4
- HACCP Level 4
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems and BRC/Retailer requirements
- Internal auditing skills