Product Development Specialist - Product Development Specialist
|Listed by Mars|
|The Mars business has over 80000 people working for it in 78 countried around the worl. They are a provate family owned business who started from a man making chocolate products in his kitchen to know a global business.They manufacturing a range of produces from confectionary to pet food.|
|Job Title:||Product Development Specialist|
|Job Reference:||Product Development Specialist|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £44000.00 and £50000.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||New Product Development, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
Develop exciting new beverage products for the global market leader.
Make it all Mean More at Mars.
This Product Development Specialist role, which reports to our Global Product Development Director, is a superb opportunity to develop global, market-leading products for our KLIX and the Single Serve System brands, for both licensed and Mars branded products. Responsible for bringing the Voice of Technology (VOT) to key stakeholders, you’ll establish the effects of new ingredients and how to develop new process technologies to enhance the dispersion and flow properties of our drinks range. That’ll involve:
- looking at the ingredients holistically to understand how they work with the other aspects of the workplace experience
- liaising with the product assurance team to evaluate predictive methods of understanding the implication of specific ingredients
- partnering with our Global Marketing team to design and review KLIX portfolio strategy and identify new opportunities
- working with the Drinks Development team to develop the strategy and research programme to drive innovation, expertise and excellence.
Degree-qualified in Food Science or Food Technology and highly numerate and literate, you have a proven track record of leading large-scale, hands-on, multi-project management and delivery programmes, underpinned by a strong technical product portfolio in the area of coffee/cocoa/chocolate and dairy-based instant powders. With sound technical knowledge of powder manufacturing processes, you’re able to interpret, analyse and challenge data from both internal and external sources. You’re also a great communicator and influencer, who can also offer:
- experience of working with a multi-national supply base and of supplier development
- knowledge of statistical tools and their application in a manufacturing environment
- the willingness and flexibility for 30% global travel
- a UK work permit and full driving licence.
Mars Drinks has a proud history. We’ve been in the business of satisfying
people at work with a wide variety of great tasting drinks for more than
40 years. We have some impressive brands of our own, like ALTERRA
Coffee Roasters, THE BRIGHT TEA CO. and GALAXY hot chocolate, along with
favourite brands like NESCAFE, JACOBS and LIPTON.