Desktop Support Analyst
EUSD System Administrator - Mold
The position holder is responsible for the daily ongoing support of all IT operational aspects at the Mold, Flintshire Facility. Support of other locations will also be required as needed. This support includes Microsoft Office and approved business software, including Oracle ERP, servers, switches, communication devices, monitoring and security devices, personal computers, laptops, printers and scanners. Daily tasks include compliance to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes, initial equipment setup and installation, software and hardware troubleshooting, equipment inventory management, vendor management and user interfacing.
- Support role: Support the business on all client facing aspects of infrastructure including acquisition, configuration installation and/or relocations of desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, security, LAN connectivity, server backups and maintenance, communication devices, swipe card and security cameras, etc.
- Design/Development Role: Perform as a team member for the future client facing (or front office) components or projects for the Tate & Lyle Infrastructure.
- Resource role: Assist in the performance of tasks as requested by various IT support functions (Communications, Technology, SAP and NON-SAP Applications groups)
- Project role: Undertake a contributor or lead role in small projects as desired/assigned.
- Undertake functional responsibility for some parts of infrastructure (communications/server technology).
- Perform in a 2nd line support role for incidents and service requests received from the Service Desk.
- If required, be available for non-standard office hours to address incidents / issues / requests that might arise in the IT Operations area which are deemed critical to business integrity.
- Be proactive in improving infrastructure operations.
Experience and knowledge in the following areas is required:
- Evidence of the ability to assume a project leadership role on small to medium size projects
- Working understanding of computer hardware and operating systems, specifically HP desktops, laptops, printers and current Microsoft operating systems & office solutions
- Working understanding of server hardware, configuration, and trouble shooting.
- Working understanding of print servers and their operation.
- Thorough understanding of computer hardware and operating systems, specifically HP desktops, laptops, printers and current Microsoft operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of mobile technology with emphasis on iOS based devices.
- General understanding of local area networks, switches, routers, and infrastructure cabling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications