Health, Safety & Environment (SHE) Manager - JO-1606-1082
|Listed by 2 Sisters Food Group|
|2 Sisters make everything from pizza to pies from poultry to puddings from ready meals to ranges of soup. They have over 23k employees throughout the UK.Founded in the early 1990s they are the leading food manufacturing company in the uk having a strong presence in poultry and frozen food categories. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi Tesco and Waitrose.|
|Job Title:||Health, Safety & Environment (SHE) Manager|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Environmental Health and Safety, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the motivation to thrive on challenge, the desire to lead the food industry and ability to work with agility and pace. These ingredients have seen 2 Sisters Food Group become a 23,000-strong team in just 20 years!
We are built on people like you: an exceptional HSE Manager who has what it takes to make an impact in Llangefni. Llangefni is the only large whole bird manufacturing facility in the UK with a capability to handle carcass weight above 3.5kg. 535k birds are processed and 520k birds cut each week
About the Role
In manufacturing, Health & Safety is paramount and here at 2 Sisters it is our number one priority. All employees are responsible for ensuring the group is a leader in H&S in the food industry but you as our Health & Safety Manager have the crucial role of leading the agenda on site.
Reporting into the General Manager of an established and high performing site, we have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager at this key site in Llangefni. As H&S Manager you will provide directional support to the business in the planning, measuring, reviewing and auditing of Health, Safety and Environmental activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Champion HSE management on site and actively promote a developing safety culture within the site
- Ensure that HSE key performance indicators are fully integrated into, and properly reflected, in overall site performance reporting
- Ensure that HSE management systems remain current to ensure legal compliance.
- Champion the need for improvements year on year in all areas of health and safety management.
- Support the delivery of the 2SFG audit programme, working on a cross category basis as an auditor on other Business Unit sites.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, with the following and you will have the recipe for success:
- Background in Health and Safety requirements.
- Work well under pressure, determined and is able to influence at all levels.
- Have significant operational experience in Health, and Safety, ideally within the food industry.
- Be credible, with an engaging communication style.
- Have achieved NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
- Ideally have or be working towards Chartered membership of IOSH.