Occupational Health Advisor - JO-1605-1074
|Listed by 2 Sisters Food Group|
|2 Sisters make everything from pizza to pies from poultry to puddings from ready meals to ranges of soup. They have over 23k employees throughout the UK.Founded in the early 1990s they are the leading food manufacturing company in the uk having a strong presence in poultry and frozen food categories. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi Tesco and Waitrose.|
|Job Title:||Occupational Health Advisor|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Environmental Health and Safety, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge - and the desire to lead the food industry.
We should know. In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups. And we’re built on people like you: an exceptional Occupational Health professional who has what it takes to make an impact in the Fox's Biscuits division, which produces a range of products including ready meals, soups and sauces.
About the Role:
Working within a team of 6 and reporting into the HR Manager, you will be responsbile for the full occupational health remit, you will ensure our on-site colleagues are fit to work and handle food, as well as collaborating with the group wide occupational health team on broader initiatives to reduce injury and absence as well as increase workforce engagement. This is an autonomous and hands-on role allowing you to manage your own diary and make decisions.
- New starter medicals, long term sick reviews and capability reviews.
- Effective health surveillance including audiometry, spirometry and vision screening.
- Occasional night worker assessments.
- Contribute to and become actively involved in health promotion campaigns.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with a breadth of Occupational Health experience and you’ll have the scope to influence at all levels, through your:
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) qualification essential.
- Previous Occupational Health experience essential
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferable but not essential.
- Collaborative approach to Occupational Health and be able to communicate well and build relationships
- You will be comfortable working on your own initiative in a fast paced, challenging environment.