Ref: | Engineering, Food Manufacturing ||
|Listed by Chelsea Milling Company|
|Chelsea Milling Company is operated by a family whose roots in the flour milling business date back to the early 1800s. We have been milling flour here in Chelsea for over 120 years.Mabel White Holmes grandmother of our President Howdy S. Holmes developed and introduced to the homemaker the first prepared baking mix product JIFFY Baking Mix in the spring of 1930. We currently offer a variety of JIFFY mixes. Our mixes provide you our consumer with the best value available.|
|Job Title:||Master Scheduler|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Engineering, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
The Master Scheduler establishes long-range, weekly and daily production schedules consistent with the sales forecasts, customer orders and plant capacity. He/she monitors finished and materials inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors with affect schedules. Strong collaboration with Operations, Sales, Purchasing, Maintenance, Quality, Engineering, and other teammates will be critical to meeting key goals for this role.
- Analyzes customer demand information, forecasts, orders, inventory levels, equipment, labor and material availability, and develops a flexible yet efficient master schedule.
- Monitors production levels and sales information to minimize over-builds and maintain appropriate finished goods inventories.
- Develops a weekly/daily manufacturing schedule to establish and maintain finished goods inventory at target levels.
- Actively previews, communicates and coordinates the production schedule with Operations to ensure effective and efficient manufacturing execution.
- Plans and releases production orders to manufacturing.
- Utilize ERP software to support production planning, capacity planning, and operational management.
- Updates and adjusts ERP system parameters as required.
- Considers the myriad of processing variables and then coordinates sequencing of manufacturing runs to optimize equipment utilization.
- Works with Purchasing to ensure material availability for scheduled production.
- Works with R&D and other functions to schedule, coordinate and manage test runs as necessary.
- Proactively communicates and resolves issues that might prevent schedules from being completed to plan.
- Adjusts schedules in response to unforeseen circumstances, such as last-minute customer orders or equipment issues.
- Relay relevant information to management regarding material shortages, potential schedule interruptions and possible equipment maintenance that would affect a smooth and timely production output.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Logistics, supply chain or related field.
- 5 years of experience as a planner/scheduler in a multi-stage manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience scheduling utilizing ERP software or related integrated manufacturing software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office software package, particularly Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure clear communication with all levels of staff.
- Analytical and logical thought process.
- APICS Certification.
- Scheduling experience in food manufacturing environment.