Site Technical Manager
|Listed by Dunbia Group|
|Dunbia recognises that environmenal impacts are created as a result of our business activities. We strive to manage our sites in compliance with legislation and reduce our environmental impact through vigilant environmental management practises.|
|Job Title:||Site Technical Manager|
|Salary Guide:||Salary between £0.00 and £0.00 depending on candidate experience and skillset|
|Listing Category:||Engineering, Food Manufacturing|
|⚡ Quick Apply 💾 Save Job|
Reporting to the Site Managing Director, a vacancy has arisen for a Site Technical Manager to take responsibility for the Technical, Quality Assurance and Hygiene functions at Dunbia (Wales), with particular regard to Food Safety, Quality, Legality and Hygiene. The successful candidate will also be responsible for representing all compliance services at SMT (Technical, Quality Assurance, Hygiene, Environmental and Animal Welfare) and for reporting verification against required compliance to SMT and to Group.
Main Duties include:
- Management of all technical & quality functions with regard to food safety, quality and legality.
- Ownership and Maintenance of all directly technically relevant aspects of Quality Management System.
- Presentation of Routine KPI reporting for all compliance services to SMT and Group.
- Support all other site departments with their Quality Management System and BRC obligations and requirements.
- Liaise closely with operations and department managers to ensure that relevant requirements are understood and met on an on-going basis.
- Liaise with FSA and other enforcement authority representatives as necessary to ensure efficient operation of the business.
- Enhance customer focus of the Site Technical / QA Team and ensure that all requests, queries, complaints, etc. from customers, third parties etc. are dealt with appropriately.
- Verification of Root Cause Analysis and effective Corrective Actions arising from any non-conformances raised by Customers, Competent Authorities, Internal or Group Compliance audits.
- Operation & management of internal quality audits/verification functions with the appropriate reporting of exceptions.
- Regularly review and report on cost effectiveness & identification of cost efficiencies within the Technical/Quality team when possible without compromise to product quality, safety or legality.
- Develop and enhance Company Policies, systems and procedures to meet requirements of customers, the BRC standard, company objectives, legislative requirements and industry ‘best practice’ etc.
- Ensure all staff have received the relevant training, including refresher training, appropriate for the roles and tasks they perform within the Technical, Quality and Hygiene functions.
- Technical Management experience is an advantage.
- Have experience of working in a Technical capacity within the meat industry.
- Have a science based degree or equivalent relevant training and experience.
- The successful candidate will have a strong focus on results, and strong people management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.