Engineering Team Leader
Ref: | Engineering, Food Manufacturing |
|Listed by Allied Bakeries|
|This top UK bakery business baking some of Britains famous brands namely: Kingsmill Allinson Burgen and Sunblest and crumpets hot cross buns muffins pancakes rolls wraps plus other mouthwatering bakery products is one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking. Allied Milling and Baking is part of Associated British Foods ABF plc a large international business boasting of a turnover to the tune of 12.3bn with nearly 106000 employees operating in 47 countries. |
- Safety First! To improve and maintain a safe working environment including the timely completion of accident investigations and any actions required. Ensuring that team members are fully aware and comply with all Health and Safety standards, company and legal requirements. E.g. COSHH, HACCP, MHE compliance.
- You will be at your best driving forward safe working practices and communication through your teams, whilst coaching & developing the team around you will lead to influencing process changes through Continuous Improvement.
- The main aim of this role will be to co-ordinate the maintenance activity to provide sufficient resource to carry out the planned Maintenance programme and to provide emergency/breakdown cover across the shift to generate continuous improvement in the cost and quality of engineering performance
- To lead a team achieving targeted levels of performance, customer satisfaction, quality standards and other KPI's.
- The role holder will be responsible for a team of 2 shift based engineers including responsibility for assessment and appraisal.
- Health & Safety
- To ensure all teams are aware of and comply with statutory regulations and company standards related to Health & Safety.
- Performance including OEE and CCOs
- Reduction of damage and breakdowns.
- Support any NPD initiatives.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule adherence
- Identify training needs.
- Team Briefings.
- Ensure all planned maintenance work is completed to the required standard
- Liaise with manufacturing FLM to ensure that engineering workload is prioritised correctly so as to meet
- Identify possible improvements within manufacturing to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Ensure full shift report is completed for handover to oncoming shift.
- Ensure quality systems and process controls are followed by engineering teams.
- Work with manufacturing teams to improve CCOs, reduce slow running, damage and breakdowns thereby
- Improving OEE.
- Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the role. The above list of accountabilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co-operative in order to assist in meeting business needs.